Sunday, July 11, 2010

Snooze.. Stop.. SHUT UP!!!!'

"An alarm clock is a clock that is designed to make a loud sound at a specific time. The primary use of these clocks is to awaken people from their sleep in order to start their days in the mornings."

That is how Wikipedia describes an Alarm clock.

"An alarm clock is the most annoying invention of mankind which screams and shouts every morning when we are royally sleeping and helps us start our day with a fuss."

Now that's the 'real' definition -- My definition! :D

I have no problem in waking up early. My problem is being woken up BY the alarm clock. It is true alarm clocks help us 'wake up' on time. But they succeed ONLY sometimes. At least for me it works that way. I have never liked this 'helpful invention', coz  it always gets me irritated and cranky when i wake up by its sound. I actually prefer being woken up by my Abba or Ammi, because only a human can understand another and so, i am woken up with love and a sweet voice and i am up in a happy mood too! ;) A perfect start to the day!

My experiences with the 'irritating clock' has inspired me to dislike it. I guess i had last used it when i was in school.. Actually not sure of that too.. i guess i stopped it much before that :p When i think of my sources who/which would help me wake up, all i remember is my Ammi, Abba, miscalls from friends. If these sources would not work, the Almighty would whisper in my ears and i would be up on time. Alhumdulillah! :)

I stopped using the alarm clock because it would irritate me, lekin yeh itne aasaani se mera peecha nahi chodne waala tha!! Here enters my baby sister- A big fan of the alarm clock! She would set the alarm clock every night to wake up early. Very good Maddu, i am proud of you. But why dont YOU wake up when it rings?? Every morning.. plz read it carefully.. EVERY MORNING, it was I who woke up by the alarm clock while my baby sis would be sleeping to glory. And i would be soooooooooo damn angry on her and the clock! I complained about it to her and so she dutifully decided to change her means of waking up. She decided to take my cell and keep the alarm, but this time on vibration mode and under HER pillow. Lekin fayda kya hua? She would wake up, but along with her it would wake me up too!! :( Now there was no way i would hate MY sis nor hate MY cell.

In my pursuit of a peaceful sleep, i constantly found myself trying to avoid all kinds of alarms. But as of now i still havnt found a solution. Sometimes it would be the world famous 'trinnnnnnnnng triiiiiiiiiiing' to the latest bollywood songs! I seriously dont understand how can anyone keep a bollywood fast number to wake up!!! A guest who had stayed overnight had the 'Dard-e-Disco' as their wake up alarm, and when i heard that i was like "W.H.AT. T.H.E  H.E.L.L"!! Heights i say! By the way have you noticed people saying 'alram' instead of alarm? LOL! i heard it while conversing with a lady and the moment i heard that, i just couldn't stop giggling. Hehehe!

In case you love your alarm clock, let me suggest you to buy one of the following alarm clocks, which would get you out of bed in a very annoying fashion and i BET, you would join my gang of  'Alarm clock haters'! Check them out ;) [ref: www.uberreview.com]


1. The Sfera Alarm clock hangs from the ceiling above your bed. When the alarm goes off, you can reach up and touch it to activate the snooze function causing it retract towards the ceiling. When snooze goes off again, you have to reach higher to activate the snooze again. Each time you activate the snooze function the alarm retracts a little higher to the point that you get your butt out of bed.

Liked it? :p See what's next. ;)

 2. The puzzle alarm clock wakes you up by firing three puzzle pieces up in the air, then it is your mission to get the pieces and put them back in the alarm clock or it won’t turn off until then. LOL!


3. A laser beam aimed at the exact center of the target is the only way to turn off the alarm sound in the morning. When the laser hits the target the alarm is turned off for 24 hours and goes off at the same time the next day. The alarm will always do this until manually de-activated or the alarm time changes. When you wake up to an alarm and you have to concentrate to carefully aim the laser beam at the target, you’ll be suitably awake so as not to easily fall back asleep. ( try this folks!) :p


4.The blowfly alarm clock  escapes from a cage in your room, moves and produces sound around you when the alarm goes off. To turn it off you have to catch it and put it back in its home.

Would you like to own any one of the above four annoying alarm clocks? I am certainly not even going to think about it. When a simple alarm clock has irritated me so much, i wonder what will my reaction  be if i come across one such annoying piece of 'sleep-disturber'.


Moral of the post: Chuck the alarm clock and have a peaceful sleep. :)

P.S : I am not responsible if you are thrown out from your school/college/workplace for being late. Peace out!!

1 comment:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!! its jst PERFECT!! ;) Well, u 4got 2 mention my name..hehe..m nxt 2 maddu..:)
    bt i must say...alarm clocks hv contributed d most in securing distinctions..;) :D
    nw dat m in degree..i don think i need an alarm!!

    so cheers!! :)

    ReplyDelete